Vision: Like-minded organisations work together to ensure that healthy marine ecosystems underpin a robust seafood industry in southern Africa.
The RFA is comprised of a small group of like-minded organisations that are willing to contribute resources and time towards the achievement of the following strategic objectives:
- Promote and implement responsible fishing practices through the sharing of information, expertise and the development of competencies
- Influence policy and fishery governance
- Develop skills of fishers and fisheries managers to implement an Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries (EAF) Management
- Promote and implement independent high quality research on the implementation of an EAF
- Effective engagement with market mechanisms (e.g. SASSI, MSC and retailers)
- Positioning responsible fisheries in the public space